This DIY tutorial will show you how to make some gorgeous dip dye shorts for summer!
You will need:
-simple toilet bleach
-scissors (if making from jeans)
I chose to make my shorts dark blue and have the dip-dye as a lighter blue / white colour, as this only requires bleach rather than colour dye which I didn't have in the house.
If making from shorts, skip to step 3.
1) Cut your jeans to your desired length. Make sure both legs are of equal length!
I cut mine not too short first so I could try them on and see how much shorter I wanted them! The worst thing is to cut them too short before you've managed to make any use of them!
2) I wanted to create a frayed look on my shorts, so to do this I pulled out any loose threads in the denim.
3) Mix the bleach and water in a bucket, and depending on how strong you want the dip dye to be, dilute with water (tap water is fine)! I roughly did half water to half bleach, filling the bucket up only a few inches as it was all my shorts needed to reach.
Avoid coming in contact with the bleach, and use gloves!
4) Place your ruler through the belt loops of the shorts, and balance the ruler on two sides of the bucket. Allow your shorts to reach enough of your solution as you would like.
|Checking them throughout the day|
6) Rinse shorts thoroughly and leave to dry!
Caution: I recommend washing the shorts alone on the first time! Be very careful when using the bleach and avoid getting it on the clothes your wearing at the time!
Will be posting an outfit with my new shorts soon so keep checking for more!